Thursday, June 4, 2009

Home Office Spaces

This week, at Kelly's Korner, we are showing our home office spaces. OK. I don't really have a home office but it is so fun participating that I am showing you where we work on the computer and where we keep all of our books. Those are things you need a home office for, right? 
This is our little desk off the kitchen. I use it the most, to blog and check out the weather. It is right beside the pantry, which is not the very best place for me to be sitting for long periods of time, as i love to snack.
All the baskets above the computer came from Michael's. They hold all the kid's artwork (each child gets a basket) and computer paper and the cameras. I like things to have a home and not to be cluttering up everything. 

This is our little photo gallery. It is on the wall right as you walk into the desk area. My children's artwork from school gets to go in a frame for a little while. I try to change them out frequently so every special piece gets a turn but it doesn't always work out that way. If you have suggestions on how to display or even just sifting through and keeping your child's artwork, please let me know in the comment section. 
This is our 'study'. No, we do not study here but we do have a lot of books that live in here. I love this desk. We never use it because I have not found the right chair for it but it is a neat piece. This is the room I hang out in the most, other than the kitchen. I watch TV in here, do my quiet time in here, and take naps in here on occasion. It is kind of an extension to our bedroom even though there is a door in between the two rooms. It is probably my most favorite room in our house. Charles and I fight over who gets to use this room. It is really supposed to be his room, but I can run pretty fast some days.
My napping sofa, or should I say loveseat. Thankfully, I am not a tall person.
I love the fireplace. It is gas and is wonderful in the winter. This is a tiny room so it warms up quickly. This was the perfect room to wrap Christmas presents in this past year.
Ok, we have a lot of books. I love to read. I have not read all of these books but a lot of them. If you know me, you know that I can be found most nights, after the kiddos go to bed, reading. I am reading Same Kind Of Different As Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore right now. It is wonderful!!!
The left side cabinet holds the TV. I like that I can have the TV in there but I don't have to look at it all the time. Hope you enjoyed this little journey through our 'home office spaces'. Thanks for stopping by my house. For more great home office spaces, go check out Kelly's blog.

7 comments:

  1. oh, your built ins are quite lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work space!! Love the white and the built in's!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house is beautiful. Enjoyed catching up this morning. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your house is really pretty! I love it. I read The Same Kind of Different As Me about a month ago. It was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the "little" desk off of the kitchen, except its huge LOL! I love your hardwood floors too! You have a beautiful home, thank you for sharing.
    -Ash-

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you display your children's artwork! Because you asked for input, I have put up two ribbons on a wall near the kitchen and put 5 cute clothespins on each ribbon. I have two kids and they each get to choose 5 things to put up for display. If they want to put something else up they have to choose something to come down. It works pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, hello??? SO CLEAN!! I sure hope you cleaned for the pictures and it's not ALWAYS that perfect!! Love the picture montage and rotating goal. AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete